after the chewtv thing that went well in my eyes despite what was going on in my life, i decided to get stuck in with the new project.
Hayle history animation project.
i am working in a team with 4 others (yes thats right im not updating after this has been compleated......ok well the 'hand in' date is this friday so im nearly at the end of this all) it has been an intresting experence i can tell you. working in a group i find great fun but at the begining things were off to a bumpy start. we all agreed on which sound file we wanted to do so that was great, the problem was how we were going to go about it. im a 3D animater and wanted to use what i have learned over the year into the final piece, which was fine cause the plan was to use 2D and 3D. i was going to be making a 3D modle of Winnie (our character) in Maya. after a few days though this was changed. that is it was changed the friday before the presentation on the monday. i was told that i was not going to be doing her in maya but as a clay modle. so i went and paid for some modling clay and spent the weekend making her. during the presentation on the monday i was told that i was going to be deciding the colours for winnie to be in, and then two days later i was told that two of the other people were doing that after i had spent most of my time doing it as well as finalising the 3D modle that i was then told we were not going to be using it at all!!!
i was then showed the timetable for what needed to be done. i was then told that i would be doing the 2D cricket scene (i wasnt really ok with this as i do not like working in 2D that much apart from drawing and animating in a Japanese anime style which this was not going to be).
i got around my problem of timing with the help of Maya (oh how i love you maya) i played around with the directions of the ball and then when it was right i traced over it on paper to make it 2D.
this is what it turned out like
after i showed this to them they said that they wanted the camera to move tracing the ball. this i found was alot harder cause i didnt have the background work with. anyway after alot of time on it i managed to get it done. i also managed to get winnie in as well.
after this i moved on to the over head view
after that it was all put into Flash (which i do NOT like) and coloured, as well as edited and extended.
this is what it looked like in colour
first part, with colour and background;
second part, with colour and background;
after this scene was placed in to the sound with the others it started to look more like an animation story then when it was just on its own.
as we were waiting for some of the others to be finished i drew and animated 2 other characters that would be placed in the background of the ruby scene.
as we were getting to the deadline things started to go wrong one after the other. one of the hard drives was whipped clean which was the MAIN hard drive. luckily one of the others in our group had backed up all the work from the days before that day on her computer so we didnt have to do that much again only the stuff that was done on that day. then two days later while it was nearly complete other then adding in the sounds effects, premier (the program that we were putting it all together in in stead of after effects) decided that it could not find the folders which we had saved it all in as well as saying that some of it didnt even exist, which we all new was not possible as we had saved it all to 2 hard drives as well as the desktop. we went on to the desktop and re put everything that it was asking for into it and then after a good hour or so of trying to get to work it just did on its own. >_< i hate computers some times because they have more mood swings then a pregnant bipolar woman.
anyway the final thing after putting it all together editing it (as well as putting together the folder needed of pre-production work we also needed to had in along side which i did after going through each photograph and re sizing the file size to make it as small as i could with out loosing the quality.) im really glad its now done. it took alot of time but was worth it to be working along side other people to come up with this;
the final thing;
(i LOVE the bird hehehe)